Late this afternoon the Senate ended debate, in a 63-35 cloture vote, on the nomination of Cass Sunstein for Administrator of the Office of Information and Reuglatory Affairs (OIRA). Here's a quick look back at what CPR scholars have said about the Sunstein nomination and the role of OIRA in regulatory policy:
- CPR Member Scholars' Jan 2009 report, Reinvigorating Protection of Health, Safety, and the Environment: The Choices Facing Cass Sunstein
- Rena Steinzor: Some troubling words at Sunstein's confirmation hearing, but also a few positive pledges
- CPR Member Scholars comments to OMB on a new executive order on regulatory review.
- Sidney Shapiro: What happened to the Executive Order on regulatory review?
- Rena Steinzor: What should Cass Sunstein do in his first days?
- Rena Steinzor: Business as usual so far at OMB?