Center for Progressive Reform President Rob Verchick talks with Marin County (CA) Supervisor Kate Sears about California localities that are suing companies like Chevron, ExxonMobil, and others for hiding the dangers of and damages caused by climate change. This episode also includes short Interviews with participants in the Cultures and Disasters III Conference, held on June 28-29, 2018 in Erlangen-Nurenberg, Germany.
Listen, below, or return to the main Connect the Dots page.
Subscribe to Connect the Dots on your favorite platform…
Related CPRBlog posts
- "Seeking Climate Justice in the Courts," CPR Member Scholar Karen Sokol, May 21, 2018
- "Climate Change in the Courts," CPR Member Scholar Dan Farber, April 2, 2018
- "Making private companies pay their share for climate change: a new study could revive climate change litigation," CPR Member Scholar David Hunter, November 26, 2013
Other material you might be interested in
- Information on County of San Mateo v. Chevron Corp.
- "Judge Dismisses Suit Against Oil Companies Over Climate Change Costs," John Schwartz, The New York Times, June 25, 2018
We’re grateful to the musical artists featured in this episode, who make their work available to us through a Creative Commons license. Please check them out!