Center for Progressive Reform President Rob Verchick talks with Member Scholar Maxine Burkett and intersperses short interviews with participants at the Institute for Basic Science (IBS) Conference on Climate Change and Human Migration, held on November 27-28, 2017, in Busan, South Korea.
Listen, below, or return to the main Connect the Dots page, here.
Subscribe to Connect the Dots on your favorite platform…
For more information related to this episode:
Related CPRBlog posts:
- "Reaching Higher Ground in the Face of Climate Change," by CPR Policy Analyst David Flores, May 3, 2017
- "Justice and Contemporary Climate Relocation: An Addendum to Words of Caution on 'Climate Refugees'," by CPR Member Scholar Maxine Burkett, August 10, 2016
- All CPRBlog post on climate displacement
CPR Testimony and Publications:
- Reaching Higher Ground, by Maxine Burkett, Robert R.M. Verchick, and David Flores
- Climate Change, Resilience, and Fairness, by Carmen Gonzalez, Alice Kaswan, Robert Verchick, Yee Huang, Shawn Bowen, and Nowal Jamhour
Other material you might be interested in:
- "The sinking state: This is what happens when climate change forces an entire country to seek higher ground," by Joshua Keating, The Washington Post, July 26, 2018
- "How a Warming Planet Drives Human Migration," by Jessica Benko, The New York Times Magazine, April 19, 2017
We’re grateful to the musical artists featured in this episode, who make their work available to us through a Creative Commons license. Please check them out!